The Book of Miaou: Don’t Drink Everything Your Mother Pours You
by Migdalia Cruz to premiere at the Berlind Theatre
April 13-21, 2018
with music by Vince Di Mura, directed by Elena Araoz
- Macbeth, a new English translation commissioned by OSF’s PlayOn! Project, will be presented by Actors Shakespeare Theatre of Boston & the African-American Shakespeare Company of San Francisco in the Fall 2018 & in NYC in 2019.
- The Book of Miaou: Don’t Drink Everything Your Mother Pours You, a Princeton-commissioned play in conjunction with the Fornés Symposium at Princeton University, April 2018.
- FRIDA: The Story of Frida Kahlo produced by Long Beach Opera & Cincinnati Opera.
- Summer 2018: Migdalia will teach two writing workshops. First, she will teach her third Fornés Playwriting Workshop in Chicago from June 25- July 3, under the auspices of Notre Dame’s Latino Studies Program, administered by Anne Garcia-Romero. Apply here
- Second workshop of Summer 2018 will be in Italy! She will lead the LaMaMa/Umbria Playwrights’ Retreat from August 2-12 in Spoleto! For more info, click here
- April 2018: She will visit UNM Albuquerque to see a reading of her re-imagining of Garcia-Lorca’s The House of Bernarda Alba, Another Part of the House and to participate in talkbacks and teach a writing workshop with the help of the Dramatists’ Guild’s Traveling Masters Program.
- May 2018: She will visit Minneapolis with Michelle Memran, filmmaker of the Fornés documentary “The Rest I make Up,” to screen the film and teach a workshop for UMN & the Playwrights’ Center with the help of the DG’s Traveling Masters Program.
- Spring 2018: She participated in the Cherry Lane Mentor Project as a mentor to Sam Chanse’s The Opportunities of Extinction.
- Spring 2018: Migdalia taught Intermediate Playwriting at Princeton University.
- Summer 2017 & 2016: Migdalia taught the Fornés Playwriting Workshop in Chicago.
- Fall 2017: She visited UNM Albuquerque to guest teach and participate on panels.
- Summer 2016: Urban Theater Company of Chicago, produced the 20th Anniversary production of Lolita de Lares.
- Visión Latino in Chicago produced YELLOW EYES as its inaugural production in its Midwest premiere at Chicago Dramatists Theater. Click here for more info
- The Menendez Murders & Latina/os in Hollywood inform Latins In La-La Land which was produced at the College of Wooster in Ohio, directed by Jimmy Noriega on October 20-31. For more info, click here
- The Fellini & Petronius inspired Satyricoño was featured in the 2015 Latina/o Commons’ Carnaval 2015 @ DePaul University. Click here for more info
- Part of the Lark’s Meeting of the Minds. For more information on the program, click here
- March 2015 : FRIDA: The Story of Frida Kahlo (with lyrics and monologues written by Migdalia Cruz), received rave reviews at Michigan Opera Theatre in Detroit. Read the Detroit News and The Oakland Press
- Featured fellow in McKnight Artist Fellowship
- So happy to share all this with you…